HomeAbout usRoomsCottagesTourismAccessBookingTo confirmE-mailLinks
  About us
Belleville is an ancient « Seigneurie »(feudal property) owned by the Herault family for a very long time . A member of the family was among the 119 knights who defended the Mont-Saint-Michel against the English during a famous battle in 1434 . On the border of the property, there is still the Saint Marc crucifix, on its ground granite stone are carved the « arms » of the
family dated from 1595.

In 1029, Belleville was given to the Mont-Saint-Michel's abbey by Robert II Duke of Normandy. Then Belleville belonged to the Hérault family during a long time. A member of that family was among the 119 knights who defended the Mont Saint Michel at the famous battle of 1434 . Today, it is still possible to see the Herault 's arms carved in a granit ground dated from 1595 and located at the edge of the property.
 
zoom

Le Domaine de Belleville
Photo R. Dejean
  Le Domaine de Belleville Le Domaine de Belleville
Photo JC. Briens
   The horse country

Located near the village of Dragey, known for training race horses, Belleville has its own racing stable and a steeple chase track where many horses of the area come for training.
 
 On the way of « The paths of Saint Michel »

Dragey is the last stop before Genêts 2kms (the official departure point for crossing of the bay by foot ) Dragey is on the way of the "Paths of le Mont-Saint-Michel" taken for centuries by the pilgrims coming from Northern Europe.
Traversées à pied des grèves vers le Mont St Michel
 
  design-creation-web hosting canelle.com 2005/2017